Monday, December 30, 2013

Bringing baby home

Hey ladies,
       How many moms out there can share in the fact that bringing a new baby home with no nurses or doctors is a very surreal and almost scary thing. Well, I'll raise both of my hands because I definitely felt that way. Thank God I was blessed enough to have my mother come stay with us for the first month, she was a real life saver. My husband could literally sleep through a tornado so it was great having help through those long nights, which lasted for 2 1/2 right at 3 months. Being a first time mom is sometimes a little confusing and overwhelming for some women and I was definitely one of those women. Unfortunately for me I ended up suffering from postpartum depression. I didn't realize it at first and my husband had to tell me what was going on with me. I was in disbelief, I thought I was just having a hard time adjusting to becoming a new mom, but boy was I wrong. Thoughts of death and suicide are definitely not normal ladies so if you are feeling as though you might have postpartum it is very important that you seek help. I won't bore you with the months that's I suffered, but it got better once I acknowledged my issue and got the help that I needed. Well, it's now 7 1/2 months later and of course I am feeling much better. I actually started feeling better when my son was about 5 1/2 months old (Thank God). My son is now 7 1/2 months old and of course he's doing amazing and I'm not doing to bad myself. I'm getting ready to start back school in a couple of months so I can finally get my Associates in Education and then figure out what to do from there. Oh, I guess I never told you guys what we named our baby....well meet Ashton Chase Embry.




Xoxo Lauren 

No comments:

Post a Comment