Tuesday, January 7, 2014

DIY Coffee Scrub :)

Hey ladies! So can we talk about this weather on the east coast  for a minute because it is ridiculously cold!!!! :( Well, as I promised I wanted to share two new scrubs, but these are body scrubs (yay). One is a coffee scrub and the other is very similar to this almond scrub I buy from Walmart , so you can only imagine how happy I was when I found it!! ;-) So try them both and let me know what you guys think!!!!! Hope you all enjoy and if you live in any of this foolishness called weather remember to wrap up.....Stay warm guys! :) 

Here's what you'll need:

Coffee Scrub
  • 1 cup ground coffee (any that you like, I used regular coffee, no special flavoring)
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 cup olive oil
  • 1 Tbsp fresh ground cinnamon (this is what really topped it all off for me, I used a coffee grinder to pulverize 2 cinnamon sticks…but you could just use ground cinnamon from a jar too)
Blend all of these ingredients together in an airtight container, (I used a mason jar w/ a screw top lid -it is pretty and will look nice sitting in my bathroom or by the kitchen sink)
Use: Massage scrub over clean, damp skin; rinse and pat dry (you might want to use a little soap when rinsing if you don’t want too much oil left behind on your skin).
The scrub will keep for 2 months if kept in a cool, dry place.

DIY Coffee Scrub
 Here's what you'll need for the other scrub: 

    Cinnamon-Almond Sugar Scrub
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1 cup olive oil
  • 1 tsp cinnamon extract
  • 1.5  tsp almond extract
  • 1 tsp fresh ground cinnamon (or from a jar, whatever is easiest for you)
Mix together in an airtight container and scrub on all over your body whenever you want that ‘spa-at-home’ pampering treatment. 
DIY Sugar Scrub
  


 ENJOY LADIES!! :) Xoxo Lauren 

No comments:

Post a Comment